About this scholarship
Scholarships will be awarded in every intake period of the Diploma of Business Administration with a total possible of three scholarships offered each year.
The Diploma of Business Administration is a Higher Education qualification equivalent to the first year of a Bachelor of Business Degree. Graduates receive a qualification at the end of their study and guaranteed direct entry into second year at one of IIBTs Partner Universities.
Student type: Future Students
Course: Diploma of Business Administration (Higher Education)
Specifically for: Mature age students
- Australian Permanent Resident
- New Zealand Citizen
- Australian Citizen
- Permanent Humanitarian Visa
Scholarship base: Need Based
Value: The scholarship will provide 25% credit towards course costs including enrolment fees. Students will need to fund cost of text books.
In accepting an award the recipient of a IIBT Women’s Scholarship must agree to:
- Maintain satisfactory progress in their studies;
- Provide a brief progress report to the Academic Board at the end of each semester / term;
- Participate in career and coarse advice activities;
- Act as an ambassador for the Fred Emery Scholarship Scheme.
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria to be considered for the IIBT Women’s’ Scholarship:
- Be a mature female (20 years or over as at March 1 in year of application)
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or the holder of an Australian Permanent Humanitarian or Permanent Resident visa.
- Met the entry requirements for the Diploma of Business Administration
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria to be considered for the Women’s Scholarships:
- Be able to demonstrate commitment to their community
- Be an Australian citizen, or the holder of an Australian Permanent Humanitarian visa, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident
- Apply for enrolment in the IIBT Diploma of Business Administration.
Changes to enrolment
Unless there are exceptional circumstances such as, but not limited, to medical or family reasons, students must meet ALL of the following:
- Remain enrolled in initial course of study
- Remain enrolled in a full or part time study load at IIBT
If a recipient intends to do any of the following they must also apply in writing to the Scholarships Office for approval BEFORE the change.
Change of course: this scholarship is only applicable for the Diploma of Business Administration and can-not be transferred to other courses.
Leave of absence: Leave of absence is not permitted.
Withdrawal or Terminated from units or course: A student who withdraws from their units or course of study, or has been terminated from studies will become ineligible for continuation of the scholarship, will not receive any further payments and will be required to repay to IIBT the stipend awarded for that study period if applicable.
How to apply
Scholarships will be awarded by the IIBT Scholarship Selection Committee to one or two applicants per intake period. To be eligible applicants must complete the application form and submit it, along with any required documentation prior to the close date.
Applications should be sent to:
IIBT Scholarships Office
PO Box 819
Perth WA 6979
Need more information?
- Enquiries: Scholarships Office
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: (08) 6180 2188
- Fax: (08) 9355 5781
An applicant must submit a completed application form with supporting documents attached by 4:00pm on the scholarship closing date, to the Scholarships Office at the Vic Park campus.
Incomplete Applications or applications missing documentation will not be assessed.
Applications will be assessed by a selection panel using the following criteria:
- Responses to questions in application
The scholarship(s) will be awarded if there are candidates of sufficient merit.
- Year 12 students must be nominated by their high school principal and mature age students must be nominated by a professional who is familiar with their academic potential.
- The high school principle, or a professional educator if the nominee is a mature age student, must submit a completed nomination form and all supporting documents by 4:00pm on the scholarship closing date, to the Scholarships Office at the Victoria Park Campus
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application via an official letter sent to their home address within 2-4 weeks of the closing date.
In order to accept the scholarship, a recipient will be requested to return signed acceptance documents.
Deferral of this scholarship is NOT permitted.
Once the scholarship has been accepted, the scholarship will commence from the semester of award. This scholarship is not transferable to another course, campus or university.