About this scholarship
Student type: Future and current international students
Course: Diploma of Business Administration
Nationality: International students
Scholarship base: Merit Based. Open to international students who have completed year 12 in Australian or offshore who have achieved 80% or equivalent in their final high school exams.
Value: The Presidents Academic Excellence Scholarship will provide 25% of the tuition for the whole of the Diploma of Business Administration. Enrollment fees are waived for scholarship winners. Text books and other materials are not included in the scholarship funding.
- Academic English III or IV
- International high school certificate
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria to be considered for the IIBT Presidents Academic Excellence Scholarship:
Current IIBT Students
- Be undertaking the Academic English Certificates III or IV with IIBT
- Be in the top 10% of students undertaking studies in each cohort of students
- Be an international student and hold a valid Student Visa
- Meet the other entry requirements applicable for the Diploma of Business Administration or
- Achieve over 80% or equivalent in their high school graduation exam
- Be able to obtain a valid Student Visa
- Meet the other entry requirements applicable for the Diploma of Business Administration
Unless there are exceptional circumstances students must:
- Maintain a full time study load
- Maintain a Course Weighted Average of at least 70.00
- Pass all units attempted
- Scholarship continuity is subject to meeting satisfactory academic progress (Course Weighted Average of at least 70.00 and pass all units attempted each semester). Progress will be assessed at the end of each study period. Unless there are exceptional circumstances, a recipient with unsatisfactory progress or who breaches the Scholarship conditions shall be ineligible to retain the Scholarship.
- Determination of exceptional circumstances shall be at the discretion of the Manager, Scholarships Office.
- This Scholarship is not transferable to another course or provider other than the one it was awarded.
Changes to enrolment
Unless there are exceptional circumstances such as, but not limited, to medical or family reasons, students must meet ALL of the following:
- Remain enrolled in initial course of study
- Remain enrolled in a full or part time study load at IIBT
If a recipient intends to do any of the following they must also apply in writing to the Scholarships Office for approval BEFORE the change.
Change of course: this scholarship is only applicable for the Diploma of Business Administration and can-not be transferred to other courses.
Leave of absence: Leave of absence is not permitted.
Withdrawal or Terminated from units or course: A student who withdraws from their units or course of study, or has been terminated from studies will become ineligible for continuation of the scholarship, will not receive any further payments and will be required to repay to IIBT the stipend awarded for that study period if applicable.
How to apply
Scholarships will be awarded by the IIBT Scholarship Selection Committee to one or two applicants per intake period. To be eligible applicants must complete the application form and submit it, along with any required documentation prior to the close date.
Applications should be sent to:
IIBT Scholarships Office
PO Box 819
Perth WA 6979
Need more information?
- Enquiries: Scholarships Office
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: (08) 6180 2188
- Fax: (08) 9355 5781
An applicant must submit a completed application form with supporting documents attached by 4:00pm on the scholarship closing date, to the Scholarships Office at the Vic Park campus.
Incomplete Applications or applications missing documentation will not be assessed.
Applications will be assessed by a selection panel using the following criteria:
- Responses to questions in application
The scholarship(s) will be awarded if there are candidates of sufficient merit.
- Year 12 students must be nominated by their high school principal and mature age students must be nominated by a professional who is familiar with their academic potential.
- The high school principle, or a professional educator if the nominee is a mature age student, must submit a completed nomination form and all supporting documents by 4:00pm on the scholarship closing date, to the Scholarships Office at the Victoria Park Campus
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application via an official letter sent to their home address within 2-4 weeks of the closing date.
In order to accept the scholarship, a recipient will be requested to return signed acceptance documents.
Deferral of this scholarship is NOT permitted.
Once the scholarship has been accepted, the scholarship will commence from the semester of award.
This scholarship is not transferable to another course, campus or university.