Successful completion of the TESOL certificate allows graduates to be qualified to teach English throughout the world.
As English is one of the world’s most widely spoken languages there is a high demand for English teachers.
A Certificate IV in TESOL will develop and extend your understanding and equip you with skills to teach in a range of environments.
- You will be able to teach English around the world.
- You can teach English to international students in Australia
- Be able to add English as a foreign language to your teaching portfolio
Graduates wishing to teach overseas can check with individual institutions for qualification requirements.
Graduates wishing to seek employment as a TESOL teacher may require a post grad qualification in education or teaching in some settings.
IIBT frequently employs graduates to teach in countries such as China, Vietnam and Indonesia.
- AABBG – Demonstrate understanding of the basic terminology of traditional grammar
- AABBH – Design and deliver an ESL teaching program
- AABBK – Design and develop an ESL learning framework
- AABBL – Identify and use basic grammatical concepts and traditional metalanguage
- AABBM – Plan an integrated lesson using commutative language teaching methodology.
- Minimum 6 hours of supervised and assessed teaching practice
When and how
- How: 1 day per week for 5 weeks, plus 6 hours of practical
- When: Contact us for 2016 course dates.
- Be a native speaker of English
- Have an IELTS score of 6.5 in reading, writing, speaking and listening or equivalent
- Have a minimum year 12 or equivalent, including language-rich subjects
- Have met the minimum requirements of pre-course interview
COURSE CODE: 40649SA
Materials Fee: A$ 70
Enrolment Fee: A$ 190