The Certificate IV in Information Technology is planned as a pathway option to the Diploma of Information Technology.
Students working at this level apply a wide range of knowledge and skills in basic networking, IT support, database development, programming and web development support.
Job roles that could be suitable upon completion include; computer technician, customer support, information systems operator, PC support, systems administrator, systems support, technical support and network operations technician.
Why Certificate IV in IT?
- Small personalised classes
- Supportive learning environment
- Improve networking skills
- Improve programming skills
- Affordable study option
- Direct entry to IIBT Diploma of Information Technology and then 2nd year university (currently being developed).
Completion of this course is an eligible pathway through to:
- IIBT’s Diploma of Information Technology (currently being developed)
- IIBT’s Diploma of Business Administration
- Other Diploma qualifications in the ICT field
- TBC – Entry into 2nd year university
- BSBWHS304 Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultation processes
- BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- ICTICT202 Work and communicate effectively in an ICT environment
- ICTICT401 Determine and confirm client business requirements
- ICTICT418 Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
- ICTTEN514 Install, configure and test a server
- ICTNWK406 Install, configure and test network security
- ICTNWK410 Install hardware to a network
- ICTPRG412 Configure and maintain database
- ICTPRG406 Apply introductory object-oriented language skills
- ICTICT410 Conduct post-implementation ICT system reviews
- ICTSAS421 Support users and troubleshoot desktop applications
- ICTICT402 Determine project specifications and secure client agreement
- ICTICT412 Coordinate and maintain ICT work teams
- ICTSAS418 Monitor and administer security of an ICT system
- ICTSAS424 Support different operating systems
- ICTWEB414 Design simple web page layouts
- ICTWEB418 Use development software and
- ICT tools to build a basic website
- ICTWEB413 Optimise search engines
- ICTPMG401 Support small scale ICT projects
When and how
- How: Full Time 20 hours per week for 26 weeks
- When: Rolling intakes
- Year 10 completion or equivalent or able to declare language literacy and numeracy competency (candidates should be able to read and write English to approximately year 10 level or equivalent).
- IELTS 5.5 (Academic) with no individual band below 5.0 (or the equivalent recognised English test).
COURSE CODE: ICT40115
|Year||Duration||International Students||Australian Students|
Materials Fee: A$ 200
Resource Fee: A$ 250 *per annum
Enrolment Fee: A$ 190 non-refundable
ACS Membership: A$ 70
*based on course duration